Chewable tablets offer a user-friendly, convenient alternative to conventional tablets. Humans learn to chew from an early age, making it a very natural process. Hence, most people find chewable tablets very easy to take. Compared to conventional tablets, they spend longer in the mouth and are therefore tasted more thoroughly. We use flavorings, as required, to ensure our chewable tablets taste pleasant.
Like all user-friendly dosage forms, chewable tablets:
- Are easy to swallow (once chewed), even for those who experience difficulties swallowing conventional tablets and capsules
- Reduce the risk of drug-induced esophagitis, which occurs when a tablet is caught in the esophagus and dissolves while remaining in contact with the sensitive esophagus lining
- Taste pleasant and come in a range of flavors
- Are easy and convenient to take
- Are supplied as a single dose so no measuring is required
- Improve compliance
Dosage forms that do not require water are:
- Easy to take 'on the go'
- Convenient to take, anywhere and at any time
|Power to the Patients (Innovations in Pharmaceutical Technology)|
|Top Form (European Pharmaceutical Manufacturer)|
|How Advances in Pharmaceutical Packaging are Better Meeting Patients' Needs (Drug Development & Delivery)|
In addition, chewable tablets offer:
- The opportunity to convert poorly soluble APIs into a user-friendly dosage form
- The option to formulate combinations of several APIs in a single chewable tablet
- Convenient packaging in aluminum or polypropylene tubes with an easy-to-open stopper, that is senior friendly as well as child resistant
- Packaging in foil strips/pouches with an aluminum-paper laminate or PET-aluminum-PE laminate to protect photosensitive APIs against light
- An ideal dosage form for older children, from school age upwards
Our chewable tablets are made by blending and compression, and are packaged inline using high-speed equipment. Over the years, we have manufactured several billion chewable tablets across both of our sites.
HERMES PHARMA product portfolio
HERMES PHARMA offers practical customized solutions at every point along the pharmaceutical value chain. To see which products we currently have available for you to in-license, download our Product & Development Portfolio. (Please note, download requires registration of contact details.)
If you are looking for other APIs, nutrients, or indications, or if you are interested in fully customized products, please contact us.