Studies show that magnesium deficiency is a growing problem. User-friendly dosage forms offer rewarding ways for consumers and patients to supplement magnesium
Magnesium deficiency is on the rise - up to 30% of people in developed countries are affected. The problem comes from modern convenience diets which are low in magnesium-rich foods as well as from fruits and vegetables whose magnesium contents have dropped in recent decades.
Because of these deficiencies, there is a growing need for magnesium supplementation. In this article published on vitafoodsinsights.com, HERMES PHARMA's Dr Martin Koeberle (Head of Analytical Development & Stability Testing) and Dr Verena Garsuch (Manager Analytical and Clinical Development & Stability Testing) discuss:
- Why even small barriers can deter consumers and patients from consistent intake of supplements
- Strategies how supplement brands can overcome these barriers
- The physiology of nutrition absortion
- The pros and cons of different magnesium salts
- The importance of taste when manufacturing magnesium supplements